Right. I give Stephen Matheson the coveted PEDEBA award for October, and what do I get in return? An infection. Stephen has tagged me with an evolving blog meme. Go to Pharyngula for an overview of this meme's origin. The rules are as follows:
There are a set of questions below that are all of the form, "The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is...". Copy the questions, and before answering them, you may modify them in a limited way, carrying out no more than two of these operations:My Ancestors:
- You can leave them exactly as is.
- You can delete any one question.
- You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one question. For instance, you could change "The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is..." to "The best time travel novel in Westerns is...", or "The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is...", or "The best romance novel in SF/Fantasy is...".
- You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of the list, as long as it is still in the form "The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is...".
- You must have at least one question in your set, or you've gone extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you're not viable.
Then answer your possibly mutant set of questions. Please do include a link back to the blog you got them from, to simplify tracing the ancestry, and include these instructions. Finally, pass it along to any number of your fellow bloggers. Remember, though, your success as a Darwinian replicator is going to be measured by the propagation of your variants, which is going to be a function of both the interest your well-honed questions generate and the number of successful attempts at reproducing them.
My great-great-great-great-grandparent is Metamagician and the Hellfire Club.
My great-great-great-grandparent is Flying Trilobite
My great-great-grandparent is A Blog Around the Clock
My great-grandparent is The Anterior Commissure
My grandparent is Laelaps
My parent is Quintessence of Dust
My Questions (and Answers):
- The best scary movie in sociopolitical dystopias is: Children of Men
- The best sexy song in pop rock is: “Lovers in a Dangerous Time” by the Barenaked Ladies covering Bruce Cockburn
- The best classical story in Historical Fiction is: “I, Claudius” by Robert Graves
- The best book appealing to both children and adults in Science Fiction is: Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
(Ok, I think I bent the rules a bit).
The Ongoing Infection:
The intent of my blog was to interact with other evangelicals grappling with the evolution / faith issue. This has been rewarding. However, it has also been stimulating interacting with those who may not share my evangelical perspective. So in the spirit of sharing, I’m passing on this infection to 4 of these bloggers, bloggers who range from "I might be an Evangelical depending on your definition" to "I am definitely not an Evangelical":